Saturday, October 27, 2007

Good Eats: Kool-Aid Pickles


Kool-Aid Pickles! You've seen them on Feasting on Asphalt, then on Good Eats, now you can read about them in the New York Times. Actually, this article is from May. Hmmm...when did Alton Brown and his gang ride through the Ol' Miss? Of course, nobody can top Alton's creative allusion to what brand of drink mix he had in his hand during the show! I love how he tries to push things like that to the very limit, but in a fun way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/09/dining/09kool.html

Has anybody tried Alton's version yet? I'm tempted! I still ahve about two dozen pints of dills from this summer. Shall I make a sacrifice?

2 comments:

Wicked Good Dinner said...

My life is all about getting kids to try new foods, but OMG, I don't think I can do the Kool-Aid pickle. Nope. No way.

Ladydiscipline said...

I've made a couple jars every summer since this was on, they are awesome.