Sunday, December 21, 2008

Alton Brown's Recipes are more than just Good Entertainment

According to my latest poll (thanks to everybody who voted) it looks like quite a few Good Eats fans actually try out the recipes Alton cooks up.  There were a couple of diehards who claim to test every one of Alton's concoctions, but I was more surprised not to find more people just watching Good Eats for the entertainment value.  Let's face it; it takes a lot of time and effort to prepare a meal you've never served before.

I have to admit, I haven't tried nearly as many as I would like.  However, now that I'm a stay at home parent, cooking has returned as one of my favorite hobbies.  Alton does come up with some great stuff, but sometimes I get intimidated by his long processes and decide I'd rather buy it than make it.

Dutch baby: Saturday morning treat
Ribs: failed first attempt (didn't taste quite right)
Baklava: I'm not going to the store with a cooler full of ice cream to buy some dough :-)

No comments: