Monday, December 8, 2008

Good Eats Episode Tonight: Cran Opening

Whew!  The holiday crush has been keeping me busy lately!  While running around trying to clean the kitchen, run some laundry, and keep and eye on my daughter rolling around and chewing on everything within reach I realized it was Monday already!

Monday!  Time for some new Good Eats adventures!  Tonight's feature is cranberries.  I don't recall this episode though it is listed as a season 11 show on the Food Network website; maybe it slipped past me or could it be one of those strange cable season delays that they like to confuse us with?  Anyhow: cranberries.

I'm picturing Alton Brown up to his waist in a bog with Deb Duchon ala the Ocean Spray commercials.  Maybe he'll pick up a new juice contract!  Looks like we're in for a treat with a cranberry cosmopolitan recipe mixed with some homemade cranberry granita.  Then, of course, the holiday cranberry sauce.  Luckily, I already have a bag of cranberries in the fridge.

Tonight's Good Eats Schedule:
8:00pm The Alton Crown Affair (lamb crown roast)
8:30pm Cran Opening
11:00pm The Icing Man Cometh (buttercream and ganache)

No comments: