Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Poll and Getting Set to see Alton Brown in Person

Monday poll time!  Yeah, it's 9:30 at night; was a little busy painting and doing laundry today...

Of all the votes last week only 2 of you follow Iron Chef America for your exclusive Alton Brown fix.  The rest were split between both show and Good Eats exclusively.

On to this week's poll!  I finally have the opportunity to see Alton brown in person this week as he gives a lecture at Oakland University.  As an alumni, I scored a ticket for $5 and my toiddler gets in free.  This got me thinking about how much would I pay to see Alton?  Or even, how much would I pay for a meet and greet session.  While I mull this over I'll put the question to y'all in this week's poll.

How much would you pay to meet Alton Brown at one of his lectures/performances?

6 comments:

Will said...

Nothing. AB jumped the shark a long time ago.

Lauren said...

Despite the fact that I will be seeing AB for the low price of $5 plus gas usage, I would have definitely considered higher amounts. If I were close enough, I would've paid the high end for the 10th anniversary live show.

Teris said...

My husband and I are seeing him tomorrow as well! However, our tickets were free of charge because we are OU students. Make sure to get to campus early; the doors open at 6:15pm but AB is officially sold out. We've had scalpers on campus all day.

One SAHD Dude said...

Seriously?! Scalpers at an Alton Brown lecture? I was figuring it would be mostly students, since that's mainly the intention. Of course, AB hasn't bothered to come to the Detroit Metro area...

I just hope my toddler can have fun long enough; that's the real challenge!

Mise En Place said...

Most of the events I've attended included other 'bonus' things, so its hard to say what I've actually paid to see and meet AB.

I will say, whatever the price he is great with meeting his fans. He takes the time to talk with you, give a handshake and a greeting. It always a great experience!

Anonymous said...

I was there last night, and wow! My face still hurts from laughing! I can't wait to see him speak again!!!