Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Southern Good Eats: The other AB

Last night I caught an episode of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations featuring Charleston, South Carolina. It brought back fond memories of days spent wandering aimlessly downtown amongst the old houses and alleys and eating way too much shrimp! I can't wait to go back in March to visit my parents for a few days. My favorite scene in the show was when he pulled out a picture of Rachel Ray, since she had done a $40/day spot at this place, and asked the waitress how well she tipped. It was perfect!
I used to think Bourdain was an ass, but either I've grown to like him or he has mellowed out enough for me to appreciate his edginess without feeling repelled. In fact, I don't think he gets as annoying as Alton Brown sometimes does when talking to people. I'll have to read more about him and watch some more of his show now that I'm hooked.

No comments: