Monday, January 7, 2008

New Alton Brown Book Due in April: Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run


Alton Brown has co-authored a book based on Feasting on Asphalt 2 with chef-turned-photographer Jean-Claude Dhien. Due to be released this coming April; it contains 208 pages including forty recipes and surely some great shots of the scenery encountered along the way.

Amazon is taking pre-orders at a 34% discount! Order yours today!

A bit of the description from Amazon:
"A companion to the six-part Food Network series airing in fall 2007, Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run is a travel diary, photo journal, and, of course, cookbook. Alton’s itinerary includes big-city eateries and small-town chat ’n’ chews, as well as markets, inns, ice cream parlors, museums, barbecue joints—and even an alligator farm."

3 comments:

Tablebread said...

Books like this get me excited but they also make me nervous that FN may start to over publicize Alton.

Note to FN: DON'T DO TO ALTON WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ALL THE OTHERS!!!

With that said I need to be off to pre-order my copy :)

Admin said...

Yeah, really! I hope we don't see Alton on a box of Ritz crackers anytime soon. I think his creative genius preserves him from falling to that level though.

Tablebread said...

Ummm, anyone watch the latest AB Good Eats? I have NEVER heard that many plugs to go to the FN website. Every commercial break was a "if you want to try this out get these recipes from the FN site at www..." Oh man I think it's happening....