Sunday, July 27, 2008

Feasting on Asphalt: River Run DVD Shocker

So, last night I finally get a chance to sit down and watch the copy of Feasting on Asphalt 2: The River Run that has been protecting part of my DVD player from dust for three months.  Yes, even Alton Brown takes a back seat to my three month old :-)

I pop in the first DVD and the menu doesn't have a listing for the director's 9AB's) commentary.  OK, so I pull out the other tow discs: nothing!  What?!  That was the best part of the first FOA set and the main reason i went out and bought the box set.  OK, i see 'deleted scenes' on the menu; let's check that out.  Even more disappointment, there are only a few minutes of unseen footage that never really needed to be seen.  It's not like the first set where there are hours of new footage with Alton's commentary.

I was looking for some real substance in this box set, something more personal from AB that really made me like the guy more as a person and respect the effort he puts into his productions.  Well, let's just say I had to crack open a beer and start watching the director's commentary from the first season of FOA to ease my mind.

No comments: