Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Good Eats Episode Monday: Ballad of Sweet and Salty

Hey Alton Brown fans!  There's a new Good Eats episode set to air Monday night.  The Ballad of Sweet and Salty will feature Dark Salty Caramels, Grapefruit Brulee, and Praline Bacon!

That's right, praline bacon.  Definitely not on Alton's diet plan, but he still strives to make bacon even better (I jest).  Hmmmm...I don't know if that qualifies as appetizer or dessert.  I believe I have had, or at least have seen, a pralines with bacon bits.  Alton's flipped version would be a lot less sweet and a good deal meatier.

Alton also has a 'green deal' on his website shop.  A green glass salt cellar and a dinosaur spray bottle for $20. 

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I think it's actually called The Ballad of Salty and Sweet. I love salty caramels and even baconized sweets once in awhile.